Last Updated on August 31, 2023
How to Watch UK TV in Italy: Enjoy BBC Abroad
If you’re in Italy and missing UK television, don’t worry there’s a simple method to watch every channel online wherever you are.
First the Quick version
- Choose a reliable VPN Provider with UK Servers (NordVPN works well )
- Download the Software for the Device You’re Going to Use
- Select a UK Server and Connect
- Create a free account if you haven’t got one
- Login to BBC iPlayer and Start Streaming
What is the BBC iPlayer?
BBC iPlayer is a streaming service that allows users to watch television shows and movies online. It’s owned and operated by the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) and is basically the online version of the channel.
The BBC iPlayer acts as a huge online archive of BBC programmes, with almost every programme broadcast on any of the BBC channels available for up to 12 months. The service is available on a wide range of devices, including mobile phones, tablets and personal computers. It can also be found installed on smart televisions and media devices. Users who access BBC iPlayer from a UK based IP address can use it on any device they have such as computers, laptops tablets smartphones Smart TVs etc.
The BBC has no advertisements apart from some promotional stuff of their own channels. Which means you can watch all the programmes and shows without interruption. The BBC is funded by the UK TV license which is required by any UK household to watch live TV on any sort of device. Anybody who is resident in the UK needs to be covered by a UK TV license to watch the BBC on any sort of device.
What are the benefits of using the BBC iPlayer?
Unlimited Viewing of BBC Channels
The BBC is without doubt one of the oldest and respected broadcasters. They are world famous for many aspects of their programming especially news, reporting and documentaries. The BBC currently has twelve live TV channels some of which broadcast 24 hours a day.
You now have to register to use BBC iPlayer however the account is completely free and you can watch any show live or from the archive as many times as they want.
Users can watch content on BBC iPlayer anytime, anywhere. There is no limit on when or how often users can watch content using the service.
Stream high quality videos
BBC iPlayer supports high-quality video streams by providing a large network of streaming servers. You can configure the resolution to suit your download speed – higher definition uses more bandwidth and needs a faster connection.
By utilizing these features, BBC iPlayer is able to adjust the resolution of videos according to users’ available bandwidth in order to provide optimal viewing experience without buffering or lag time.
Access to a Huge Range of Content
The BBC iPlayer offers a wide variety of exclusive content, including TV shows, documentaries, films, comedy specials and more. It also provides access to live streams of BBC channels and radio stations. There are 11 live channels and all are available to stream online.
Some of the most popular shows that you may have heard of on the platform include “Top Gear”, “Doctor Who”, “Sherlock”, “Luther”, “News night”, “Planet Earth” and many more.
Here’s the current list of live channels
Watch on smartphones and tablets
1. Go to the BBC iPlayer website and sign in with your BBC account.
2. Select the show or movie you want to watch and tap “Watch Now”.
3. Select a device from the drop-down menu, then tap “Download” to download the app for that device onto your smartphone or tablet.
4. Once downloaded, open the app and log in with your BBC account details to start watching your chosen show or movie on mobile or tablet devices!
Easy to use interface
The BBC iPlayer makes it easy to use because it offers fast speeds, powerful security features, and unlimited bandwidth. It also has a true no-logs policy that ensures your privacy is protected. Furthermore, it can be used on any device you own simultaneously and is very affordable. Finally, the BBC iPlayer works well with a wide range of streaming services so you can enjoy your favorite shows anytime you want without any disruptions in service or lag issues.
The BBC iPlayer does not have advertisements when you are using it, which is a major benefit. Without the distraction of ads, viewers can focus entirely on the content they are watching without any distractions. This allows for a more immersive and enjoyable viewing experience, as well as providing an opportunity to skip past commercials if desired. Furthermore, the lack of advertisements helps to keep the cost of using the service low since there is no need to pay for advertising space. Finally, not having advertisements means that users can enjoy their favorite shows without being bombarded by annoying pop-ups or solicitations which may distract from their enjoyment of the program.
Expand your TV and movie collection
1. Sign up for a free BBC iPlayer account.
2. Download the BBC iPlayer app on your preferred device, such as an Apple TV, Samsung SmartTV, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV or iOS/Android smartphone or tablet.
3. Watch your favorite TV shows and movies on demand through the app – there is a wide selection of content available at no extra cost!
4. If you have any issues with playback or using the app in general, you can contact BBC support via email ([email protected]) or phone (0800 888 0800).
If you have an Apple TV connected to your television set at home and want to expand your movie collection with access to more options than what is available through iTunes Store alone then using BBC iPlayer can be a great option due to its large selection of films and series that are free of charge!
What are the steps on how to watch BBC iPlayer in Italy?
Choose the right VPN
There are two main types of VPNs: software and router. Software VPNs can be installed on smartphones, laptops, and streaming devices like Apple TV or Roku. Router VPNs must be installed on a router in order to protect all of the devices connected to it.
When choosing a VPN for BBC iPlayer in Italy, consider the following factors:
– Software VPNs offer more flexibility as they can be used on any device with internet access. However, they may not work with all streaming devices like Apple TV or Roku due to lack of dedicated apps for them.
– Router VPNs provide better security since all connected devices are protected by one single private IP address from your chosen provider – however they require more setup effort since you need to install them onto your router first before being able to use them with other connected devices such as smartphones or laptops that are not connected via Wi-Fi network at home/work etc..
Set up your VPN
1. Choose a VPN service that offers dedicated apps for smartphones and laptops, such as Amazon Fire Stick.
2. Download and install the app on your smartphone or laptop.
3. Sign up for an account with your chosen VPN provider and enter your payment details if needed (some providers offer free trials).
4. Once you have created an account, log in to access the settings page where you can configure your VPN settings according to your needs (such as selecting a server location).
5. Once done setting up your VPN, connect it to any streaming device that supports it (e..g Apple TV or Roku) using either manual DNS IP address configuration or router connection method depending on device compatibility with each method outlined in detail by the provider’s customer support team if necessary .
6.. For Android TV users , simply go to Google Play Store look for app provided by their chosen provider .
Step 3: Access BBC iPlayer
1. Sign up for a VPN service, such as ExpressVPN or NordVPN, which offer 30-day free trials.
2. Install the VPN app on your device and select UK as your default country.
3. Connect to a UK server and navigate to BBC iPlayer website; you should be able to watch all of your favorite shows and movies without any restrictions!
Step 4: Start streaming
1. Sign up for a VPN provider that has UK servers, such as NordVPN.
2. Download the software for the device you plan to use and select a UK server.
3. Connect to the UK server and create an account if you don’t already have one.
4. Log in to BBC iPlayer and start streaming!
Step 5: Watch foreign TV shows and movies
1. Sign up for a VPN service. Choose one of the recommended VPNs above to access BBC iPlayer from Italy.
2. Download and install the VPN app onto your computer, smartphone or tablet device.
3. Enter your username and password into the app and select a server in the country where you want to watch foreign TV shows or movies (e.g., USA).
4. Once connected, clear your browser cookies and cache before attempting to access BBC iPlayer or other media sites that are restricted by geographic location restrictions (e.g., Hulu).
What is BBC iPlayer?
BBC iPlayer is a streaming service that allows users to watch television shows and movies online.
BBC iPlayer allows users to access all of the BBC channels live as they are broadcast, as well as an extensive archive of previous programmes. It is available on a wide range of devices, including mobile phones, tablets and personal computers. It can also be found installed on smart televisions and media devices. Additionally, BBC iPlayer offers exclusive content only available in the UK including live TV channels that can be accessed on the go.
How can I watch BBC iPlayer in Italy?
1. Subscribe to a VPN service that is known to work with BBC iPlayer, such as ExpressVPN.
2. Download and install the VPN app on the devices you’ll use for BBC iPlayer (e.g., laptop, smartphone).
3. Launch the VPN app and connect to a UK server location from within it (e.g., London).
4. Go to BBC iPlayer’s website (bbc.co.uk/iplayer) and sign in or sign up if you don’t already have an account there (you need a UK TV license for authentication purposes).
5 . Return to BBC iPlayer’s home page and choose what you want to watch; confirm that you have a UK TV license by checking “Yes” next to “Do You Have A License?” at the bottom of the page .
6 . Turn on Parental Guidance lock if desired by pressing “On” next to “Parental Guidance Lock” at the top right corner of screen before pressing “Play” button at bottom right corner of screen when ready..
What is the best way to watch UK TV shows live in Italy?
1. Get yourself a Virtual Private Network (VPN) subscription. We recommend NordVPN.
2. Download the VPN application onto your devices that you want to use for watching UK TV shows live in Italy.
3. Connect to UK-based server .
4. Explore the Channel Store for the BBC iPlayer application and add it to your channel lineup for easy access when watching UK TV shows live in Italy via VPN connection (you can also search for “iPlayer”).
5.If you haven’t got an account – create a free one on the BBC, you’ll need
Launch BBC iPlayer and enter your details so you can start watching UK TV shows live in Italy through a VPN connection quickly and easily!
Is a VPN the best way to watch BBC iPlayer in Italy?
Yes, a VPN is the best way to watch BBC iPlayer in Italy. Using a high-quality VPN like ExpressVPN will allow you to mask your actual location and make it look like you’re accessing BBC iPlayer from within the UK, avoiding any region-specific blocking. Additionally, ExpressVPN offers fast speeds and reliable security features that will ensure uninterrupted streaming of your favorite BBC shows while visiting Italy. Furthermore, using a free VPN may not be as reliable as ExpressVPN since they generally have slower speeds and fewer features than paid services like ExpressVPN.
What VPN service is the best for watching BBC iPlayer in Italy?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for BBC iPlayer in Italy because it offers an overall network of 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, including 4 server locations in the UK. It also has a super-quick downloading speed of 89.42 Mbps and an uploading speed of 84.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. Additionally, ExpressVPN offers client apps for Firestick, FireTV, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast , Android TV , PlayStation , Xbox and other devices .
Furthermore , ExpressVPN successfully unblocked BBC iPlayer in Italy and allows you to watch BBC iPlayer for free by signing up for a premium VPN service . Its state-of-the-art AES-256 Bit encryption guarantees unimpeachable online security while its SmartDNS connectivity feature allows it to be configured even on operating systems or devices that aren’t flexible towards VPN connectivity .
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Italy?
The advantage of using a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Italy is that it allows you to bypass any region-specific blocking and access the content from within the UK. This ensures that you can continue watching your favorite shows, such as Line of Duty, Peaky Blinders, and Killing Eve.
The only disadvantage of using a VPN is that not all providers are able to unlock BBC iPlayer’s content. Therefore it is important to choose a high-quality VPN like ExpressVPN which has plenty of UK servers and is known for its fast speeds.
How can I make sure that my data is secure while watching BBC iPlayer in Italy?
Are there any restrictions on what content I can access when using a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Italy?
Yes, there are restrictions on what content you can access when using a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer in Italy. Due to geo-restrictions imposed by content licenses, the BBC iPlayer restricts access from anywhere else in the world. With a premium VPN service like NordVPN however, you can bypass these geo-blocks and access BBC iPlayer in Italy.
Is there a money-back guarantee if I am not satisfied with my VPN service?
Yes, NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your VPN service. You will be able to get a full refund within 5 days of purchasing the service. Additionally, if you need a VPN for only 1-2 weeks then you can try NordVPN for free using its money-back program.
What other streaming services can I access with a VPN while watching BBC iPlayer in Italy?
You can also use a VPN to unblock other streaming services while watching BBC iPlayer in Italy, such as:
– Amazon Prime Video
– HBO GO/NOW
– Pandora Radio
– Sling TV